I am pleased to tell you that Mr. Fred Dattolo has informed me that the income is holding rock steady this month. This is very encouraging to Mr. Meredith and all of us here. The financial picture emerging indicates that we have a reasonably balanced budget. Each month that passes by confirming this picture is a boost to morale. It reaffirms the steadiness of our brethren and their dedication to the Work.
I have a problem about which all of you should be made aware. Occasionally we receive word that a member has left our fellowship. We understand that each person has a right to make such a decision, and we do not seek to degrade their reputation because of their decision. Rather, we try to encourage them by our prayers of concern for them. We then pray that they will find "peace that passes all understanding." Our focus is for their spiritual well being.
Sometimes, however, they write to all of their friends in the Church informing them of their decision, which causes division by weakening the faith of others. When members choose to write to friends and acquaintances in the Church, their actions change the entire equation. Regrettably, we are forced by their conduct to take steps necessary to protect the Church. Thankfully, we have to take such steps infrequently. Therefore, when you receive an announcement which you are directed to read in all Churches and Video Groups, please remember that we are not acting capriciously or punitively. If you have a particular relevant question about an announcement please contact your Pastor or Regional Pastor. Always remember that we operate under considerable restraint for personal or legal reasons. We never want to defame a former associate. We always hope that they will change and return to us as a friend and a brother in Christ. To that end, we must apply the exhortation of the Apostle Peter: 1 Pet 2:17-21 "Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king. 18 Servants, be in subjection to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward. 19 For this is acceptable, if for conscience toward God a man endureth griefs, suffering wrongfully. For what glory is it, if, when ye sin, and are buffeted for it, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye shall take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. 21 For hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, that ye should follow his steps."
As the Apostle James wrote, we all offend and are offended by words and deeds. We need to grow spiritually to the point we forgive and deal patiently with one another. As Peter wrote later in his second epistle (2 Pet 2:5-11): "Yea, and for this very cause adding on your part all diligence, in your faith supply virtue; and in your virtue knowledge; 6 and in your knowledge self-control; and in your self-control patience; and in your patience godliness; 7 and in your godliness brotherly kindness; and in your brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, they make you to be not idle nor unfruitful unto the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he that lacketh these things is blind, seeing only what is near, having forgotten the cleansing from his old sins. 10 Wherefore, brethren, give the more diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never stumble: for thus shall be richly supplied unto you the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."
Christ is preparing His Church for His imminent return. Soon the Kingdom of God is going to be a reality on this earth—and we must not be like the attendee at the wedding supper who had not dressed in a "wedding garment." We must be mature. We must come to unity in Christ if we are going to reign with Him. Independent, self-willed, persons who covet power over people to their own selfish ends are not unified with Him, and will not reign with Him while in that frame of mind.
- Mr. Bob League (The following announcement pertains to those attending the Gatlinburg, TN feast site)
Gatlinburg Children's Festival Choir..."Be a part of one of the greatest highlights of this year's Feast of Tabernacles—the children's Festival Choir. Parents interested in having your children participate please contact James or Connie Sweat for rehearsal tapes and lyrics":
James & Connie Sweat
1111 Charwood Lane
Hixson, TN 37343
e-mail: [email protected]
- Mr. Ben Whitfield The Alpinhof Lodge in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, right next to the Walk Music Hall, has rooms available. The phone # is: 1-800-732-3244
- Mr. Dibar Apartian Mr. Steve Spence, member of the Orange County congregation reports that his father, Mr. Robert Spence, is scheduled to undergo heart surgery July 21st. Mr Spence served in the ministry of Worldwide Church of God until his retirement some years ago.
- Mr. Dibar Apartian Mr. Edward Sheret, Jr. would appreciate your prayers for his father, who is suffering from asbestosis. His lung function is steadily deteriorating.
- Mr. Dibar Apartian Mr. Rajan Moses, Elder in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia requests your prayers for Mrs. John Soosay of the Kuala Lumpur Church. Mrs. Soosay suffers from two large fibroid tumors in the womb. Please pray for her complete healing.
- Church Administration A reminder to all VTR Hosts, that headquarters tapes which are not being reserved for Sabbath Service play (in timely fashion) should be placed in the church library for members to check out for personal viewing. If there are any questions about this, please check with your Pastor or Regional Pastor.
- Tomorrow's World was printed Tuesday, July 13th and should be in members and subscribers homes within a week or two.
- Living Church News (July issue) has gone to the printer and should be in members homes within the next two weeks.
- For those who access the Web Page www.lcg.org home page, you may gain access to the MEMBERS page by clicking the mouse on the MEMBERS button. When the window asks for USER NAME type member; for the password, type galatians220. You will then be able to select the PDF files containing the current issue of Tomorrow's World, and Living Church News. It WORKS! Other items are being added to this site as well, so enjoy!
Have a GREAT SABBATH and weekend!